Zoes Seiten

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thanks, Leonard

As easy as it is to get Zoe to sleep at night these days, it's almost impossible to coax her into taking a daytime nap in her cot. Even if she's really tired and yawning all over the place she will scream the house down the moment we put her into that cot. It's as if we've reached some kind of agreement that for going to sleep so easily in the evenings she gets to avoid her room all day. So what do we do? One way of getting her to sleep during the day is to head outside, put her in the pram and push for about one minute and the little rascal is in dreamland. A ride in the car will usually also do the job. But what happens when it's pouring outside and we don't feel like driving up and down the streets? Last week I rediscovered Leonard Cohen. It was one of those grey and rainy days and his music just seemed to fit. And it kind of made Zoe and me even sleepier than we already were. So to the gentle and very deep voice of Leonard singing "I´m your man" I picked Zoe up, held her in my arms and within seconds she was asleep. The trick was then to lie down without her waking up. I decided to go for the coach and even though she stirred a bit, she stayed asleep on my chest. Not long after I was gone too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home